1 Who we are
We are Gloves and Balls You can find out how to contact us in Section 9 below.
2 Your Privacy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This document tells you:
• what personal information we collect;
• why we collect this information;
• how we will use it;
• how long we will keep it;
• who else will see it;
• how you can contact us;
• your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
When using our website we will also place cookies on your device – please see our Cookies page for more information about the cookies we use and how you can change your cookie settings.
3 What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
(a) Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us, we will ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
• your name;
• your postal address;
• your email address;
• your telephone number;
• your profession;
• a password – please keep this safe;
• whether you would like to receive information from us via email, SMS text, post or telephone;
• if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
(b) Information we collect about how you use our website and apps
When you shop with us online, browse our websites or other organisations’ websites where our adverts are shown, or use our apps, we will collect:
• information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
• cookies and information about your online browsing and purchasing behaviour and history on our websites and apps, your location, your product selection, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
• information when you write a review or ask a question or provide an answer via our Q&A section;
• details of your purchases with or through us;
• information when you “share this” product review via Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus and other social media channels.
If you register an account online with us, we may be able to link the information collected from you before registration and apply it to your registered account or future information that we collect after you have registered.
4 Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile and upload and save images, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices.
You may also provide us with personal information via our forums, product questions and reviews, survey responses or competition entries.
We will ask for or collect your information when you use our customer support services, including telephone support and instant messaging.
You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website.
We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS, so that we can send you free gifts, discount vouchers, invitations to events, special offers, market research, and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time by:
• logging into your account and updating your preferences
• emailing email@example.com
• telephoning 02087780752
• writing to us at Customer Correspondence, Unit A1,The Franklin Industrial Estate, 20 Franklin Road, London, SE20 8HW
5 How do we use your personal information
We have set out below the purposes for which we use your personal information. We are also required by law to state a “legal basis for processing”, ie. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).
• communicate with you about your order for a service or a product;
• contact you about leaving a review on a product or service or providing feedback once your order has been completed or the service has been provided;
• notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you. For example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
• send you information about products and services, including free gifts, special offers and discounts;
• review your past purchases and viewing history on our website to provide you with special offers or to tailor your experience online;
• help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer. For example, calls to our contact centres may be monitored and/or recorded for quality control and training purposes. We may also send you market research requests via email (which you can opt out of via that email). If you raise a query (for example about a product or about our service) while we still hold a recording of your telephone call, and we can investigate or answer your query by referring back to this call, we may do so. This may mean that your call recording will be held until your query has been resolved;
• provide, enhance and personalise your experience on our digital services provided from our web and mobile portals and applications;
• carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity;
• address any claims made against us.
6 Your rights
You have the right to ask us to:
• Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data;
• Correct any personal information that is inaccurate;
• Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data;
• Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use that data;
• Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty;
• Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing email, discounts or vouchers.
• Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you (see How do we use your personal information, above).
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose your personal information to you or comply with other requests.
We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you and your preferences as to how we contact you are accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know (details below) and we will amend them.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information. You can contact the supervisory authority at:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 02087780752
• Post: Gloves and Balls, Unit A1, The Franklin Industrial Estate, 20 Franklin Road, London, SE20 8HW
• Website: www.glovesandballs.com
7 How to contact us
To update your details or ask for a copy of your personal information:
• You can call us on: 02087780752
• You can write to us at Gloves and Balls, Unit A1, The Franklin Industrial Estate, 20 Franklin Road, London, SE20 8HW
• Email: email@example.com
8 Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet cafe.
9 Updates to this notice
We may update this notice from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our website.